Sales and Café Agent
This position is responsible for Front of House Reservations and Ticketing functions, Customer Service and Sales of all admission, tours, encounters, as well as visitor information capture and completion of the annual Visitor Survey. Café functions include taking and fulfilling orders in a timely, accurate and friendly manner, as well as cleaning and stocking of inventory.
Experience in retail sales, cashier/cash-handling, food/beverage experience preferred, but not necessary. Demonstrated knowledge of customer service and/or sales skills. Must be able to obtain a State of Alaska Food Handler’s Card within 30 days of employment and be at least 16 years of age, as required for permitting.
- Discusses and encourages customers to purchase additional tours and encounter programs in addition to general admission. Ensures these are made aware of FOR EACH CUSTOMER.
- Creates and maintains highest level of customer service and sales techniques as outlined in the Sales Divisions Customer Service and Sales procedures. Ensures both internal and external customers’ expectations are exceeded.
- Operates Altru software and/or other reservations/ticketing software, cash register, calculates ticket costs, receives payments, makes correct change, issues receipts, maintains records, organize vouchers - and exercise full control and accountability for assigned cash drawer to include balancing of cash drawer after each shift.
- Take food and beverage orders, prepare and serve food, clean all food related areas in accordance with State Health Department standards, and assist with café inventory process.
- Maintain a clean, neat personal appearance following ticketing/café dress code and uniform guidelines. Conducts self in a professional manner and immediately notifies supervisor if others do not adhere to the Center’s guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining the professional appearance of the Reservations/Sales Counter, Lobby and Café at all times.
- Support special events and facility rentals with regard to food preparation, set-up, take-down, and cleaning.
- Works shifts as scheduled. This position may be required to work overtime. Must be available to work a flexible schedule and during any day of the week.
- Fosters good relations with visitors, volunteers, community leaders, contractors, and fellow staff members by promoting positive attitudes, good will, cooperation, and providing high standards of service.
This is a seasonal, full-time position; ASLC offers a competitive wage (DOE).
Open until: Filled Start Date: April 15th, 2017
Apply at www.alaskasealife.org on the Employment page and upload resume and include three professional references.