Position requirements: 30 hours per week in development and marketing/10 hours per week supporting front of house operation of ticketing and interpretation
The Development/Marketing Fellow will learn about best practices for nonprofit fundraising and building/maintaining donor relationships. Fundraising activities will include helping grow the ASLC memberships, identifying target prospects for grant proposals, planning and execution of various events, maintaining the donor data base, and helping with strategies to retain donors. There will also be opportunities for marketing and communication tasks that will aid in the success of events and member/donor communications. Under guidance of development and marketing & communication staffs, the Fellow will be trained in and expected to perform the following duties:
- Work with the Development Manager and Coordinator to achieve the Center’s goals with respect to fundraising and cultivation opportunities.
- Assist the Development Manager and Coordinator in maintaining a database of donations and prospective donors, to include ASLC members.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events, which may include securing event sponsorships/donation requests.
- Assist with correspondence between the ASLC and donors and/or prospective donors.
- Assist in identifying new grant proposal prospect organizations or foundations. When possible participate in proposal development.
- Assist with various marketing and communications tasks, such as research and visitor surveys and donor/member communications.
- Represent the Alaska SeaLife Center within the community through marketing communication opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the development and/or marketing & communications departments.
- Assist at the Ticketing Counter or with the Interpretation Department as assigned.